１ About the Ranzan Historical Museum
The Ranzan Historical Museum is located within a nationally designated historic site. Through the current state of the remains of a castle from the Warring States period, visitors can envision the foundation of the medieval castle by seeing materials such as earthworks and the moat. It is also traditionally known as the site of the palace of Kamakura period samurai Hatakeyama Shigetada, 300 years before the Warring States period.
The Ranzan Historical Museum handles the following subjects:
1 The medieval residence and castle
2 Hatakeyama Shigetada and other samurai of Musashi
3 Medieval stonework including itabi (engraved monolith), gorintō, and hōkyōintō
4 Medieval temple and temple remains
5 Medieval roads such as the Upper Kamakura Road (Kamitsumichi)
The exhibits, lectures, and research all cover the medieval period (from the end of the Heian period to the end of the Warring States period).
◆ By train
15 minute walk from Musashi-Ranzan Station, Tobu Tojo Line
There is no bus access to this museum. If necessary, please use a taxi.
【From Tokyo】Exit the Kan-Etsu Expressway at Higashimatsuyama IC, and take National Route 254 towards Ogawa Town for about 10 minutes
【From Niigata, Gunma】Exit Kan-Etsu Expressway at Ranzan/Ogawa IC, and take National Route 254 towards Higashimatsuyama for about 10 minutes
３ Regular closures
・ Mondays (excluding public holidays, substitute public holidays, May 1 and 2, and Saitama Prefectural Day on November 14)
・ December 29 to January 3
◯ Temporary closures due to changing exhibits
・November 25 to 29, 2019
・February 17 to 20, 2020
４ Opening times
・9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (last admission at 4:00 p.m.)
* From July 1 to August 31, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (last admission at 4:30 p.m.)
５ Entrance fees
High school/college students
Group fee (over 20)
* Junior high school students and younger, as well as visitors bearing a disability certificate (and one accompanying visitor), are admitted for free.
〇 Year-long pass: Adults, 2100 yen; high school/college students, 600 yen
* This pass is sold at our admissions desk.
* Bearers may enter the museum an unlimited number of times for one year from the date of purchase.
* It may be used both at our museum and at the Saitama Prefectural Museum of the Sakitama Ancient Burial Mounds (address: Sakitama 4834, Gyoda, Saitama Prefecture).
* The pass may be used only by the person it is sold to.
Saitama Prefectural Ranzan Historical Museum
Address: 757 Sugaya, Ranzan-machi, Hiki-gun, Saitama Prefecture 355-0221
Phone: 0493-62-5896 FAX: 0493-61-1060
E-mail: email@example.com (Japanese and English only)